What is an HVAC system?
Similar to terms like VESDA, or ISO, HVAC is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. An HVAC system is designed to provide residential or commercial buildings with cooling and heating abilities. Resulting in the popularity of these systems across the market from single-family homes to submarines, a working condition where people ask for a certain level of comfort to deal with the constant stress level. This paramount popularity comes from its functions of facilitating outdoor fresh air to replace, remove, and restore indoor air quality to its optimal conditions. Thus, the V for Ventilation in the HVAC acronym comes from this ability. This ventilation process will discard moisture, smoke, odours, heat, dust, and airborne dangers like bacteria, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and gases. Allowing the restocking of oxygen in the breathing air. HVAC Malaysia providers have been updating their equipment and instalment methods.
How does it work?
The overall system consists of 9 components:
- Air return: is the starting point of the ventilation circle as it draws the air in, passing it through filtration and then to the main system.
- Filter: as its name implies, this part will filter the air coming through the Air Return. This part would be regularly checked up and replaced and cleaned to keep the system running smoothly.
- Exhaust Outlets: these units will bump out the exhaust fumes from the heating system. Remember to check and tune up the chimney flue or vent stack annually if necessary to avoid any blockage that could lead to a fire incident.
- Ducts: indicates the channels that allow heated or cooled air to pass through, and people should have their ducts cleaned after 2 to 5 years of serving.
- Electrical elements: this is where most of the system issues originate from, if anything is not working then make sure to check the part first for a tripped breaker or batteries issues in the thermostat.
- Outdoor unit: indicates units that stay outdoor like a set of fans that provide the system with air flow. Thus, people must keep their outdoor unit clear of debris, and wild plants to avoid any damages to the wings.
- Compressor: this is one of the outdoor units as it is responsible for producing refrigerant by converting the cooling agent from gas form to liquid form and letting it run through the coils. Make sure to check the compressor if anything goes wrong with the air temperature.
- Coil: as another part belongs to the outdoor unit, it allows the air to pass through with the help from the refrigerant.
- Blower: this part will suck in warm air through the main section.
What makes it different from Air Conditioner?
As aforementioned, the air conditioner is a part of the HVAC system and is interchangeable depending on the using purpose when it comes to heating or cooling the environment. In other words, the air conditioners are a unit of the whole HVAC system which could be applied single-handedly at single-family houses just to cool down the living areas. …